Clinic Certified Med Assist
Gainesville, GA 30501
BOS Medical is looking for a Certified Medical Assistant in the Gainesville, GA area!
Per Diem Weekly (possible long-term assignment)
Provides nursing assistance and patient care to provide for the comfort, safety and personal needs of patients working with a variety of providers in a very busy facility.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES/LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION PREFERRED
- Certified as Medical Assistant.
- Two years patient care experience in an ambulatory or acute care setting
SERVICE EXCELLENCE BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATIONS
- Demonstrates professionalism
- Practices respectful and effective communication
- Anticipates and responds promptly to needs and requests of others
- Takes ownership and accountability for actions and behaviors in the workplace
- Demonstrates care and compassion for others
- Demonstrates commitment to co-workers
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interviews patient and records patient medical history and specific information related reason for visit. Prepares patient for examination by performing and recording preliminary vitals such as blood pressure, temperature, weight.
- Reports abnormal symptoms, unusual conditions or adverse reactions to physician. Measures and records accurate vital signs.
- Prepare exam and treatment rooms. Prepare and maintain supplies and equipment for treatments, sterilizing instruments as needed.
- Assists physicians and nurses with physical examination and treatments and performs surgical preps and simple dressing changes.
- Enters physician orders for tests, procedures, etc. into computer system. Schedule tests and treatments, as ordered by the physician.
- Transcribes medical orders, prints lab reports.
- Prepare and administer over-the-counter medications as ordered by the physician.